Is the X-A1 the right camera for me?

Started Nov 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Forum MemberPosts: 54Gear list
Re: Is the X-A1 the right camera for me?
In reply to bimbert84, Nov 20, 2013

Your list of requirements is substantial for your budget.

Shallow depth of field is achieved with a lens that has an f stop of 1.4. A lens like that can cost what your budget requires.

You can also achieve a shallow depth of field with a zoom lens, and some distance from your subject, but that's not going to happen indoors.

So, a good combination would be the M1 or AX1 - I personally believe the X sensors are better in low light. The AX1 is a more traditional sensor. The lens of choice would be the 35. Now, that combination is going to cost you closer to $1K. Simple as that.

Why not consider a M43 camera. Something like the Panasonic GF series and their great 20mm 1.7 lens. That combination could easily be had in your budget. I have taken thousands of shots indoors with the GF1 and that lens, and have been happy with it

Oly also has some great deals on bodies priced under $300, and that would still allow for the purchase of a 1.7 lens.

You can't have everything for your budget.

Think out side the box. How about a Nikon D3100 with a 50mm f1.8. I know it's a DSLR, but it is low noise, the lens satisfies your needs for DOF and there are lots of used lenses out there for it. It's also pretty small.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow