Fuji X-M1 compared to Sony Nex 3N

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ThachLy
Regular MemberPosts: 158Gear list
Like?
Re: I wouldn't use an NEX if you GAVE it to me. What about EM5 ?
In reply to Caerolle, 5 months ago

Same here Caerolle

I used to have a NEX 5R. Hate their lenses, the kit zoom 16-55mm is so ordinary. Their menu layout is horrible. I bought a Sigma 19mm and put it on the NEX. The Sigma 19 is a great lens at $199. The NEX sensor is stunning, clean even at ISO 3200. Love the small body of the NEX 5R and its grip. I sold it off, moved to Fuji, no regrets.

Currently I shoot EM5 often side-by-side with XE-1. When comparing pics from  EM5+pana 25mm Vs XE-1 with 35mm, I prefer the WB of the XE-1, and the detail and AF speed of the EM1. I know WB, detail and NR to some extent can be manipulated in LR and other PP means. AF speed is the EM5's clear advantage.

I can't currently say which combo I prefer, but my preference is on the controls of the XE-1, though hate the soft EV dial, its easily bumped around. The XE-2 has me interested, if face detection works well, i m tempted. Also AF tracking, wow.

ThachLy's gear list:ThachLy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow