m43 instead of FF

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Moti
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,471
Like?
Re: Here is a little challenge for you...
In reply to LWS2013, 11 months ago

LWS2013 wrote:

if it's of any consolation I've walked around galleries in Pairs, New York and London dozens of times and see work that is worth hundreds of thousands that I did not care for.

Let me remind you again that this was not the topic so I don't know why you stick to it and in any case, weather you care for or not, has absolutely nothing to do with your ability or inability to judge the quality of an image.

I didn't say that those images were bad but there just not something that interests me, I totally accept that it is my shortcoming that I cannot see past my dislike to see the quality of the image.

Sorry, if you are not able to judge the quality of an image especially for technical aspects without mixing irrelevant sentimental and feelings into it, you simply don't know how to look at a photo and to judge IQ, full stop.

however I don't really understand why you posted a link to those photos and asked me to look,

How come you don't understand? Because in case you have forgotten, it was you who asked to see similar objects shot with different sensor sizes. Sorry if the results are not exactly what you were hoping to see.

I already said that a photo of a flat surface can look good from any camera, we were talking about something with depth, real depth, I know that you'll probably want to ague that point with regards to those photos but I really don't see them as having depth, please don't take that as some kind of excuses on my part because it isn't, there is no argument to be won or lost here, this is only my personal opinion, I'm not saying that an iPhone, compact or M4/3rds are incapable of taking good quality photographs.

I am sorry but I do take it as an excuse from you because this is exactly what it is. FYI, none of the photos in the first series is a flat surface. They are all shots of 3D full size window display mannequins that are curvy at the right places. Now if they look flat to you, then you probably have a serious problem with your eyes or with your glasses because they are not.

Now remains the question, some of these 3D objects were shot with a FF camera and some with smaller sensors and although you do not stop trolling about the clear visual superiority of a FF sensor VS the M4/3, you are not able to find out which is which. More over, instead of admitting, you keep posting all kind of irrelevant excuses to hide your inability to make a comprehensive judgement.

If this discussion was about the inability to take colorful abstract images with anything less than APS-C than I could understand why you would post such a link but it isn't so I don't.

The discussion was about the differences in IQ of various sensors and this is exactly what the first link demonstrate. So try to live with it and stop looking for cheap excuses just because it doesn't prove your point.

an APS-C, FF or MF digital back are capable of taking dull, flat and lifeless photos in the right hands but M4/3rds just gives you a head start IMO.

You are wrong again. Each of these sensors you mentioned, including M4/3 equally, can sing when in the RIGHT hands. It is the WRONG hands that screw up things for them, with an exactly equal start for the M4/3 which also explains why you have sold the EM5 after half a day.

I have two EM5 which I also use for pro work. They are so brilliant that I decided to sell my FF gear because I don't need it any more.

But like every other tool, they need a skilled photographer to get the best out of them and you didn't seem to be the case. I agree to one thing though. They are not very straight forward and need a steeper learning curve than many other cameras and that can not be established in half a day, but then of course, blaming the tool is always easier.

Am I happy now you ask? No. I just feel sorry for you because if you'd spent only part of your time in learn how to properly use a camera and to improve your photography skills, instead of constantly trolling and complaining in here, you would have been able by now to take wonderful photos even with a small sensor camera like the EM5.

Moti

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow