Fuji X-M1 compared to Sony Nex 3N

Started Nov 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
particleman78
Regular MemberPosts: 121Gear list
Like?
Re: I wouldn't use an NEX if you GAVE it to me
In reply to Caerolle, Nov 19, 2013

Sony's lens line up isn't as bad as it once was. I own both systems, I prefer Fuji, but not necessarily because of the lenses. Sony has a decent wide angle 10-18mm zoom and 16-70 zoom now, they have the Zeiss primes (they are expensive but good), and their 35mm and 50mm primes are pretty good too.

What bugs me about the nex system is the auto white balance and auto exposure are inaccurate, especially indoors. The auto focus sometimes gives you confirmation even though it is not perfectly focused. And finally, there is no way to set minimum shutter speed or max auto iso like you can with newer Fuji's.

High quality glass is also much more affordable with Fuji, most of the good Sony glass with the exception of the 20mm, 35mm, and 50mm primes are a bit overpriced. But the Sony system does have decent glass now, it is just that most of it costs a $1000 each.

As for the op's comparison, I would expect the Fuji to produce much better photos. The Sony 16-50 power zoom was optically the worst lens I have ever used. It's only redeeming quality is it's size and weight.

cheddargav wrote:

Hi,
Thing about a test like this is all you're doing is comparing the lenses.
Look at the system, Fuji and m43 offer much better systems than the NEX.
--
www.twitter.com/gavphotography

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow