Senior MemberPosts: 1,458
Like?
Re: Fotodiox x Novoflex x Voigtlander: M-mount adapter cagematch
In reply to turnstyle, Nov 19, 2013

turnstyle wrote:

Letsgokoulos wrote:

turnstyle wrote:

Tuloom wrote:

I've 2 Fotodiox and a Hawk's. All 3 focus slightly past infinity. Hard to imagine one company, producing one adapter that works exactly at infinity with every M mount.

Does Voigtlander really guarantee that?

The Voigtlander I had focused past infinity -- when I contacted them, they basically said I should return it.

I don't know what fraction of a millimeter in adapter width translates to how much ability to focus past infinity -- but I figure if a lens can mount to a body without this sort of consideration, then I would expect a well-made adapter shouldn't need to leave much room for focusing past infinity.

But I think this is exactly the problem, in the past infinity was not so accurate as we thought it was, but we did not have the means to check it as we do today.

If you think of the various materials used in a lens and of their expansion (shrink & stretch) through temperature, you can well imagine that there has to be a certain tolerance with the infinity setting...

Marc

I don't really buy the thing about expanding lenses -- sure, a great big long lens might -- but we're talking about a tiny sliver of metal between the lens and the body.

There are plenty of lens+body options that hit infinity.

Fine with me, no argument...

Marc

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow