Is the X-A1 the right camera for me?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
virgil1612
Regular MemberPosts: 115Gear list
Like?
Re: Is the X-A1 the right camera for me?
In reply to bimbert84, 11 months ago

bimbert84 wrote:

Daniel Lauring wrote:

bimbert84 wrote:

These are from the XZ2. The same pics here are 6400 and 12800 ISO. You don't even need to open them to know they look like crap. But my question is, why take that shot at f/4 1/1000s? It seems you could gain 3 stops by slowing down to around 1/120s, and another 2 stops by shooting at f/2. Wouldn't this put it around ISO 400-800?

Even at three stops, F2 vs. F5.6, the X-A1 will beat the XZ2. Stops go like this, F2, F2.8, F4, F5.6, F8 so three stops would be iso 800 vs. iso 6400. On top of that, you will be able to pull more out of the shadows with the X-A1 because it will have considerably more dynamic range than the XZ2.

You don't have to convince me any more about the X-A1 -- I've decided that's the way I'm going to go. I just tried Wolfe's and they're out-of-stock, though, so I'll probably wait until Black Friday to see if any deals materialize.

I was more trying to understand why anyone would need to take that shot at 1/1000s with the XZ-2. Wouldn't you be able to drop the ISO significantly just by lowering the shutter speed?

-- hide signature --

Rob

I guess they just wanted to show pictures at that ISO.

virgil1612's gear list:virgil1612's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Sony a6000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow