Streaks, smears, blotches, etc all over my paper...CISS problem?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mdrala
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Streaks, smears, blotches, etc all over my paper...CISS problem?
5 months ago

Hey everyone. I'm having some big issues with my printers that I can't figure out. For the past 3 months, my images have been coming out with great quality. Then all of a sudden this started to happen with my Epson WF-7010: http://oi41.tinypic.com/29z2074.jpg
I thought maybe I needed to clean my printhead, capping station and wiping blade, but that made NO difference. I also flattened my paper and curled it but neither made a difference. I was in such a rush that day that I didn't have time to figure out how to fix the problem so I bought an Epson WF-7510 thinking my prints would come out clear on there since it was a new printer. But the absolute same exact thing happened.

I'm now starting to think that it's my CISS system causing these problems. It's a cheap one that I bought from Amazon but it worked very well when it did work. When I look at it now, I'm seeing that the air filters on top look like ink has somehow flowed through them and possibly clogged them up. Could this be causing my problems?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow