ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BennyKingston
Regular MemberPosts: 165
Like?
Need a new Printer/Price per print question
Nov 19, 2013

Hi Folks,

I have an HP 892Cse printer that is a workhorse. My prints cost me .83 cents including ink  ($85)and ($40) HP 4 star photo paper. ($125 dollars....150 sheets normal color printing)

The HP45/23 cartridges have now been discontinued.  The printer would go on for years if I could get the ink. I believe HP knows the cartridges are long lasting and hence not profitable to them. Which I think is unethical as they sold the printers that are still working well.

This prints were really great from this printer and once the cartridges were installed there was never a problem.

I need to get a new printer. I can live with the .83 cents a print

I'm seeing many many threads here on Epson problems. I also know that the current batch of HP are mainly all in ones and are not reviewed well.

Can anyone recommend a printer that can replace my HP895Cse, is not problematic, and get the .83 cents a print  (which is $85 dollars for ink???)

I've heard horror stories about automatic cleaning etc on new printers that wastes much ink and seems like a ploy to sell more ink.

Any advice?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow