Is the X-A1 the right camera for me?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Daniel Lauring
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,330Gear list
Like?
Re: Is the X-A1 the right camera for me?
In reply to marike6, 8 months ago

marike6 wrote:

The X-A1 with any lens destroy the XZ-2 for IQ. I think you are referencing the f/1.8 lens on the X-Z2, but don't get hung up on all the DOF calculations and comparisons of small sensor compacts with large aperture lenses with large sensor cameras with slower kit lenses. The XC 16-50 3.5-5.6 OIS is a good performer, sharp with good color/contrast and it offers reasonably effective Image Stabilization. It will be extremely useful for general photography. And unlike the XZ-2, if you ever decide you need wider FOV, a telephoto, or a large aperture lens like the 35 f/1.4, you have all these lenses available to you in X-mount.

Best of luck, Markus

What Markus said.

I'd also add that once you have a mirrorless camera, you have the option of buying old inexpensive manual lenses that are super fast and have great bokeh. An old standard F1.4-F1.8 50mm can often be found for $50-$100. They're plentiful because they came in a kit with 35mm film cameras (as opposed to the zoom lenses they provide in kits today.) All you need is a cheap ($10-$20) adapter that you can buy off Ebay or from Amazon.

Daniel Lauring's gear list:Daniel Lauring's gear list
Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow