Apple Aperture - best X-Trans raw conversion

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
threeOh
Regular MemberPosts: 325
Like?
Re: And I thought, "wow - no samples!"
In reply to Leandros S, 10 months ago

Leandros S wrote:

Seriously, is this the first thread discussing X-Trans raw processing that completely does away with the perceived need for actually test-processing some images and displaying the result? Have we stopped comparating and are now just philosophising over a good cuppa tea?

-- hide signature --

No amount of perceived entitlement can replace actual expertise.

Seriously, any discussion of raw converters is largely a discussion of personal taste. As well as a discussion of which of millions of raw files render best in probably dozens of converters. What are images going to provide unless the OP is seeking help on a specific image?  Frankly, I find the posting of test shots so misleading to be almost worthless. That's a conclusion I've come to after running 100's of images through at least 6 different converters. And that's why I use Aperture. Its easy, its pretty good and its consistently pretty good. When I want more, I go to one of several external converters. Which all provide several different end results.

"No amount of perceived entitlement can replace actual experience."  Perhaps follow your own advice.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow