Is the X-A1 the right camera for me?

Started Nov 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,779Gear list
Like?
Re: Is the X-A1 the right camera for me?
In reply to bimbert84, Nov 18, 2013

bimbert84 wrote:

That makes sense. But how do you determine the crop factor? (I think) I know APS-C is 1.5 and MFT is 2, but what is it for 1/1.7? Given your example, I could discern it's 6.3 / 1.4 = 4.5, but how did your arrive at that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_sensor_format#Table_of_sensor_formats_and_sizes

The crop factor is listed on the far right of the table.  Otherwise can calculate based on sensor size.

My primary compact consideration is the Olympus XZ-2, which is f/1.8 - f/2.5, almost exactly in line with your example.

If you never plan to change lenses a camera like that might be a better deal.  The larger sensor camera would still have the advantage overall, but with all the discounts available on compacts it would really be tempting to get a camera like the XZ-2.

I also like the Fuji X20 that I have.  Better build quality than the X-A1, and pretty decent image quality for a point and shoot.  It doesn't have a tilt screen though.

Eric

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow