m43 instead of FF

Started Nov 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Can't change the laws of physics
In reply to DanielBme, Nov 18, 2013

DanielBme wrote:

All this talk about “best” is really driving me nuts. I honestly don’t know why some people are trying so hard to tear down one format at the expense of another. All good cameras take fantastic pictures these days. Camera choice is good and needed as not everyone has the same needs.

Here are some photos taken with my EM-5 this year from my trip to Morocco. Personally I don’t think these photos are lifeless. I don’t see how having a larger camera really would have made the pictures any better as the person behind the camera would still be the same. My needs for this trip were a light system that takes good quality pics. After having travelled through India with my Nikon D90 and lenses, this trip was far more enjoyable when it came to trekking around with a backpack. That is 100% certain!

I am doing a safari next year and will probably be getting a Nikon D7100 because it’s more than likely the best camera for that particular trip. I thought about an EM-1 but I think the extra pixels for cropping and faster CAF would give the benefit to the D7100. I will still have my EM-5 with the 12-35 2.8 for wider shots.

While have a few nice photos there I don't feel as though they prove anything with regards to sensor size and image quality.

if M4/3rds works for you then nothing else matters

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow