Who's FF system will be in the best shape 5 years from now?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
thothtp
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Re: IMG - there is good sense here!!
In reply to Osvaldo Cristo, 8 months ago

Osvaldo Cristo wrote:

Leonard Migliore wrote:

Camera equipment isn't an investment, it's an expense. If photography is a hobby, then you spend as much money as you can afford to dribble away. If photography is your business, you spend as much money as you need to do your work.

Cape Verdean escudos, now that's an investment.

Thanks Leonard!

I cannot understand why lots of amateur Photographers talk about "investments" for expenses... perhaps some kind of psychological diverting...

Good to see good sense here.

Regards,

-- hide signature --

O.Cristo - An Amateur Photographer
Opinions of men are almost as various as their faces - so many men so many minds. B. Franklin

Like I said earlier, Investment is not technically the right word, that is on me.  I have no expectation of a return on the direct value of the equipment, obviously.  It is an expense, however I am spending a lot of capitol buying equipment for my business in the hope of making a return, by buying in to one companies system.  I think it is reasonable to attempt to hedge my bets and buy in to the system that has the best chance of being supported and current in a few years time.  Hence the OP.

And yes, this is for a business.  I currently use an older mirrorless system that has worked well for me so far, but as I am starting to do more events and shots with kids I need something that has some form of PDAF and the ability to use more of the accessories I need for proper lighting, as well as a better standard zoom and portrait lenses then are currently available for my camera.  Because of this I will most likely end up with a Canon or a Nikon, but so far this post is helping me make that final decision and ease my fear that I am buying in to a dead end due to the changes the industry is going through.  "Investing" in a dead end is a great way to kill a fledgling business.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow