Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Caerolle
Senior MemberPosts: 1,339Gear list
Like?
Re: XF 18 mm f 2
In reply to heinerpattaya, 10 months ago

heinerpattaya wrote:

Hi guys,

2 weeks ago I bought the XE 1 with the kit lens 18-55 - I love this camera and shoot jpegs only.IQ is head to head with my DSLR but more easy to carry around.

In the beginning I thought the slow AF is not issue but this weekend I had moving subjects indoors and I missedt some good shots - have to get used more to the camera and how it reacts.

Looking through this forum I notice that nearly nobody uses the 18 mm lens. My camera shop has a 2nd hand one for 265 $, pretty good pricing!

The reason to buy would be

a. small and pocketable

b. a bit faster.

c. fixed lenses help you to improve your photography

Any help and advice wouldl be appreciated.

BR

Heiner

I guess the 23 would be too large and expensive? That lens seems to focus very fast, and is optically awesome, plus I would think would be a better focal length for your use?

That said, you mention in a reply that you have a dSLR? Why wouldn't you just use that for this kind of shot? That is where is should really shine.

Caerolle's gear list:Caerolle's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow