Who's FF system will be in the best shape 5 years from now?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Edwaste
Contributing MemberPosts: 930Gear list
Like?
Re: Who's FF system will be in the best shape 5 years from now?
In reply to Beachcomber Joe, 9 months ago

Beachcomber Joe wrote:

Edwaste wrote:

Willing to purchase? Every day I see more forum threads starting with the same question, which camera should i buy? Most people really don't know what to buy. They are willing to take the advice from total strangers to help make that decision. So when most consumers buy a camera, do they make an educated decision? Or do they go by the recommendation from someone else, or a clever ad campaign featuring some celebrity?

You just answered your own question. Consumers research before purchasing. They seek out Internet forums, consumer magazines, friends, knowledgeable sales people and other sources for information. According to you more and more potential buyers are doing so - not exactly uninformed sheep.

Consumers are relying on word of mouth and sales people to make their decisions. That's not research. Camera salesmen are the last resource I would go to for information. They will just steer you to what gets them the best commission.

Buying what's the most popular is not research...and not being informed.

How many camera consumers actually take to time to read all the specs, and features that some all cameras have? And if they did would they really understand them all?

Edwaste's gear list:Edwaste's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow