Who's FF system will be in the best shape 5 years from now?

Started Nov 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Edwaste
Contributing MemberPosts: 966Gear list
Like?
Re: Who's FF system will be in the best shape 5 years from now?
In reply to Graham Hill, Nov 18, 2013

Never innovates? Puuhhleeese. Canon brought USM lenses into the world. Some of the fastest autofocusing lenses I have ever used are either on Canon and Nikon cameras. Canon brought Image Stabilization to interchangeable lenses. FOUR stops worth 5 or more years before mirrorless even existed. I was a long time Canon users when I got my first Fujifilm bridge camera, the S200EXR. That camera, Fujifilm claimed, had a lens with image stabilization. It was *laughable* compared to Canon's. One stop of IS, at best.

Mirrorless companies are trying to innovate to where Canon and Nikon are TODAY with regards to most technology.

Olympus' OM-D IS proved that in lens stabilization was a dumb way to go. Better to put the IS in the camera body rather than select expensive lenses.

Oh...maybe that's why their profit margin is so high?

Don't forget, Canon and Nikon are now making mirrorless cameras. If that camera design is so flawed and such a dead end. Why are they getting their feet wet there?

just puts out something with a high profit margin, and never takes a risk.

Canon didnt take a risk when it developed the MP-65? Suuuure.

Nice item, very specialized use.

Nikon didnt take a risk when it develoepd the Df? Suuuuuure.

Df is just an older design camera with a retro-cool skin. Just an effort to follow fashion.

And an inflated price tag to boot. Where is the innovation in that? Oh wait....it's about profit margin, isn't it?

Canon and Nikon are validated every 3 months as mirrorless companies announce tens of millions of dollars each quarter. Now why would they want to throw money down that sink hole?

Nikon users better hope that Sony doesn't get out of the imaging business. Where do you think they get their sensors?

I'll spend my money with the manufacturers that can dream up new ideas...even it it means a profit loss.

if people spent their money on cameras like they do on computers...Olympus, Sony and the others would be sitting pretty like Apple is now.

Apple makes products that have mass appeal, something that mirrorless makers have yet to do.

Edwaste's gear list:Edwaste's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow