Fall colors

Started 8 months ago | Photos thread
areichow
Senior MemberPosts: 1,259Gear list
Like?
Re: Fall colors
In reply to cantanima, 8 months ago

Lightpath48 wrote:

The colors are very nice. A C&C suggestion: look at all parts of the frame including the edges, and ask whether, and how those elements add or detract from what you want the photo to express. When you are standing within a scene you're probably relating to many elements at the same time, in three dimensions. A photo as a two-dimensional representation is perhaps a stronger statement when it is more selective. Choose something that drew you to the scene and then draw us into it.

Thanks for the suggestion. That's a problem I often have; I can't identify something particular; it's just the whole scene. The last one, for instance: the combination of empty swing, bicycle, and fall leaves said something. The camera's doing a great job at representing what I'm "saying"; I'm just not very good at saying it. This may be more of a life problem than a mere photography problem...

I have the same problem. I like #1 and often try for so something like it during fall - blue sky framed by different colored leaves and branches. I usually delete them, but one day I'll nail it. Yours seems to need more structure, though I think the dark thicker branch helps with that. Does this make any sense?

areichow's gear list:areichow's gear list
Canon PowerShot S200 Canon PowerShot SD1000 Nikon Coolpix P300 Sony RX100 NEX5R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow