Started Nov 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Peter Patricelli
Regular MemberPosts: 327
Like?
Epson 1430 - problem after cartridge change
Nov 18, 2013

I Started doing some Xmas picture printing on my Epson 1430 and had a set of Injetmall.com refillable cartridges waiting.  The Yellow started blinking near the start of a 3 picture 11 x 17 set.  I wondered whether it could finish the one picture, assumed it would stop before starting the second.  Instead, it printed all three....which came out OK color-wise.  But after completely replacing the OEM set with refillables...after 4 cleaning cycles...all are fine XCEPT the yellow...which shows no signs of life.

If these carts needed priming I might think that was the problem...but I don't think they do.  I assume that the yellow ink drained out of the line and it is going to take extra cleaning/charging cycles to run the air out?  My fault....lesson learned.

Anyone know how many cleaning cycles I should run before giving up on the idea this is something just that simple and basic and start looking for another cause??

-- hide signature --

Peter Patricelli
www.flyfishingfotography.com

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow