m43 instead of FF

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
amalric
Forum ProPosts: 10,635
Like?
Re: m43 instead of FF
In reply to G Rothwell, 8 months ago

I find people find it v. difficult to separate their personal preferences from the economics of the industry.

Since you argued about the latter I answered about that, not judging about any distinct Fuji camera, OC.

The only time when the two considerations come together is the future of a particular system. I.e. do I do well to invest money in it?

Personally I would be v. wary with Sony, but it might be that it would precipitate a shakeout in the mirrorless world.

Consider that a shakeout in the Japanese camera industry is forecast by the WSJ so we all live on borrowed time.

My take is that m4/3 is the least likely to take a sudden downfall, because of the larger penetration (in Asia) but its companies are still not making profits.

Fuji OTH isn't either, although the company is known to have vast funds. But it can't go on losing money. So would a move to FF improve its cashflow?

I am v. skeptical: consider that we are talking about v. expensive equipment, with high performance restricted to v. special uses. Because of the critical combination short distance to flange/big sensor.

So I am not really judging Fuji in terms of present camerasbut of future directions, and more in general where mirrorless is at.

Am.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow