Who's FF system will be in the best shape 5 years from now?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Edwaste
Contributing MemberPosts: 952Gear list
Like?
Re: Who's FF system will be in the best shape 5 years from now?
In reply to sportyaccordy, 11 months ago

In that case, this original question is plain pointless. When Olympus and Panasonic announced the 4:3 standard, every "expert" was predicting that standard would die in just a few years. Those experts included the writers at Luminous Landscape, and just about every Nikon and Canon fan.

Fast forward to today, Nikon is putting out a mirrorless system camera with even a smaller sensor than the 4:3 standard. Canon has it's own mirrorless system that's not doing so well.

So what i am trying to say is NO ONE can really tell what's going to happen in five years.

But I don't spend my money on a system that never innovates, just puts out something with a high profit margin, and never takes a risk. I'll spend my money with the manufacturers that can dream up new ideas...even it it means a profit loss.

if people spent their money on cameras like they do on computers...Olympus, Sony and the others would be sitting pretty like Apple is now.

Edwaste's gear list:Edwaste's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow