Surprised no one has posted this before..

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Brian
Forum ProPosts: 10,720
Like?
Re: banned
In reply to aus4ever, 9 months ago

aus4ever wrote:

bikinchris wrote:

edwardaneal wrote:

all trophy hunting should be banned. I have no problem with hunting for food, I have no problem with hunting as a means of animal population control, but hunting just so you can brag or hang a head on your wall is just wrong - if you want to test your skill with a firearm - set up some targets and shoot, but don't just kill for fun

JMO

Completely agree. Hunting for trophy sport is obscene. Hunting for food is not the same.

Unless you live in a rural remote area, otherwise it's not a valid justification.
Can someone like me who lives in the city with restaurants, supermarkets and food stores everywhere use that as an excuse?

-- hide signature --

Bamboo
Defiant of all the beats it takes, it bends ... but not to bow too low,
And it cares not which direction the wind may blow.

how does where one live play into this?  Deer here in Michigan need to be harvested each year.  We are talking about 400,000 plus each year.  This means over 1 million hunters.  I don't think you are going to find that many in rural America.  Oh and that doesn't include the 70,000 deer killed each year by vehicles.

-- hide signature --

Brian

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow