Forum MemberPosts: 95Gear list
Like?
Re: 35mm not 'FF"
In reply to RedFox88, 10 months ago

RedFox88 wrote:

Christof21 wrote:

If I were Fuji...

I would go to m43 instead of going FF !

You mean 35mm not FF, right? "full frame" refers to covering the full frame of whatever film format the digital camera is trying to cover. There is full frame for different medium film format sizes as well as large format (though large format digital is rare and extremely expensive)

Clearly using FF (Full Frame) to refer to the entire frame on a 35mm camera is not correct. I know many people have suffered stress and anxiety regarding this matter, people simply won't listen to reason, they just keep doing it. Here's a website that may help http://www.wikihow.com/Deal-with-Change

Here is the list of reasons:

- the lenses from the APS-C format could be reused without any loss.The image covers all the sensor area whereas this is not true for the Sony FF.

- I would propose 2 adapters: a usual adapter, which would have the advantage to use the lens at a different equivalent focal. The 55-200 will become a 75-270, which is better for wildlife photography. The 23mmf1.4 could be used for portrait. Plus a speed booster adapter for those who want a fast lens.

- Compatible with panasonic/Olympus lens.

- I personally believe that FF is overrated. This is better, I admit but the difference is going to decrease more and more. And FF does not perform better in low light, I am happy with f1.4, I have no need to go wider (or just for 1℅ of my pictures)

- I would have 2 bodies, a more pocketable m43 and the APS-C.

- by going FF, they would just be followers.

m43 start to have stunning IQ. Even smaller sensor with RX10 is impressive...

Going to the opposite way (compared to Sony) would not be stupid. Think about the Sony Nex owners who will have to buy new lenses if they want to switch !!! Whereas m43 offers a second use for our lenses !!!

Personnaly, I would love it.

Christophe

G Rothwell's gear list:G Rothwell's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow