Is the X-A1 the right camera for me?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,146Gear list
Like?
Re: Is the X-A1 the right camera for me?
In reply to bimbert84, 8 months ago

I would say the two best cameras in that price range that meet your specs are the Fuji X-A1 or Samsung NX300.  I imagine JPEGs from X-A1 might be a bit better from camera, I will try a couple shots tonight with kit lenses and compare.

If you shoot indoors I really like the built in flash on the X-A1, you can tilt it back and use it as a bounce flash (lose the ugly direct flash look).  Only powerful enough to do this in a small room or house or something.

The included kit lens with either camera is not ideal for indoor shooting, but should do fine at ISO 6400.  On the Samsung I would recommend 30mm f/2 or 45mm f/1.8 for indoor shots or on Fuji the 35mm f/1.4 or 23mm f/1.4, but both are more than your camera budget

If you want large aperture lens (lets in more light and gives shallower depth of field) for not much money, you can always buy a manual focus lens and adapter to use with your X-A1 or NX300.  These take more practice since they don't autofocus, but can get both adapter and lens for less than $100 for a 50mm f/1.8 lens.

Eric

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow