Who's FF system will be in the best shape 5 years from now?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Donny out of Element here
Contributing MemberPosts: 693Gear list
Like?
Re: Who's FF system will be in the best shape 5 years from now?
In reply to pavi1, 9 months ago

pavi1 wrote:

Donny out of Element here wrote:

pavi1 wrote:

thothtp wrote:

It's not a question of who wins, just me wanting to protect what will be a substantial investment for me I know that in 5 years the scene will be totally different,

I would be if you went to sleep today and woke up in five years, the camera scene would look very much like it does today. Advancements are currently t a snails pace, if not almost standing still.

First mirrorless FF camera with AF. That is a radical change, pace is more like rocket speed.

With the camera world likely about to go through a pretty radical change starting right about now,

Exactly what is this radical change you are predicting?

He's not predicting. It's already happening. Sony A7/R.

Guess we have different opinion of radical and rocket speed.

Well, if you take into consideration that just 2 years ago NEX was introduced with APSC sensors, and just 2 years later we have FF camera already, then we can interpolate the near future easily. There are expectations from Sony to release in Q1 2014 new mirrorless FF camera with IBIS and much improved AF - basically A-mount speed like. A7/R was just the beginning. Everyone who has common sense can see that camera world is changing right now. In 2 years there will be mirrorless offerings from Canikon and basically DSLR type cameras will shift into more specific and narrow niche, while mirrorless FF cameras will replace many today's mainstream cameras. IMHO.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow