Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
silentstorm
Regular MemberPosts: 337
Like?
A99 or A7, Stabilised or not stabilised, that is the qn
10 months ago

There has been quite a bit of discussion here lately regarding Sony strategy to omit the OSS on their new FE mount lenses on the primes & slow zooms.  I would like to thank the good people here with their pointers regarding the importance & usage of stabiliser whether in body or lens.

Being sitting on the fence regarding should I go the A99 or A7/r route, I must admit having stabiliser is one of the very important factor only 2nd to image quality.  This is the reason why I'm considering the Sony sys, mainly the IQ from their FF cameras.

Below are a few samples taken my Canon 60D using ILIS & I do find it useful even for wide angles.  Mind you, I do not have steady hands & will only get worse with age LOL!!

These are just some casual shots that I enjoy doing when a tripod is not feasible or practical, so I'm deciding between the bigger heavier bulkier A99 with IS all the way, or the lighter smaller A7/r.  Life is full of compromises, I know.  Appreciate all you guys feedback & pointers & experiences with different sys & different views.

Thank you 

Canon EOS 60D Sony Alpha 7 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow