Costco Kirkland Professional Glossy Inkjet Photo Paper?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ron AKA
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,875Gear list
Like?
Costco Kirkland Professional Glossy Inkjet Photo Paper?
9 months ago

I have a HP Photosmart Pro B8350 that gave me very good results with swellable Ilford Galerie Classic Pearl, HP Premium Plus, and even Kodak paper. I've depleted my stock of nearly all of these choices, and have discovered that dye ink swellable paper has gone the way of the dodo bird. Also the fact that they have all disappeared about the same time makes me wonder how many different papers there really was, and who was making them. In any case they are gone.

I'm not convinced that the nanoporous universal paper on the market really is as good of a solution but I guess I have to make a choice of making the best of it. Long lead in, but I discovered that Costco who used to carry Kodak, now has a Kirkland Professional Glossy Inkjet Photo Paper. It is instant dry so I assume it is the near ubiquitous nanoporous paper. I see that it is made in Mexico.

Are there any thoughts on who really makes it? Is it any good? And if one is to use it in a HP printer, what printer settings to use? I believe the only two choices HP Premium Plus, and Premium. I'm thinking that Premium Plus which tends to use a bit more ink will be OK due to the porous paper? I bought a package of 150 sheets for $20 so it seems to be cheap!

Any tips you can suggest to make the best of it, are much appreciated.

Ron AKA's gear list:Ron AKA's gear list
Sony RX100 Epson Stylus Photo R3000 +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow