Send out or print your own?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
Pic Chic
Forum MemberPosts: 79Gear list
Like?
Re: Send out or print your own?
In reply to ChicagoMike, 5 months ago

Yes Mike,

Those quick prints are mostly just for convenience I think unless you're willing (and the processor is willing) to let you look over their shoulder and make fine adjustments. I actually did this when I make some quick 4 x 6 shots to enter in the local fair. (yeah I was running late! This was the day of entry. LOL)

The young lady was sweet but pretty clueless but the playing around paid off. I got a blue and judges comments said it was considered for champion. The issue with the print was the white had to be toned down. I think it's called a blown highlight? I was impressed what her machine could do with it but again stood right there beside her and pointed out what I was looking to correct.

My fear with printing a larger print is that it will look great on my monitor then when it arrives it will look like it needs some sort of adjusting. If this happened, there's no way I'd hang it on my wall, no matter what I spent, because every time I look at it I'd know the original shot was better.

That's where it would be nice to work with someone local as Hugowolf suggested. You could see the "finished" product before it was actually completed and the deal done. (I'm sure I could learn a lot from that scenario also to make their job easier and mine too.)

Just out of curiosity, have you tried other online printers?

Thanks,

Lora

Pic Chic's gear list:Pic Chic's gear list
Nikon D5000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow