Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: m43 instead of FF
In reply to Christof21, 10 months ago

Christof21 wrote:

Joachim Gerstl wrote:

Bigger is better in photography. It was true in the past and it is true today. If Olympus would have the chance to start again they clearly would do so with a bigger sensor. They are stuck now because they would upset their users invested in their lenses.

I'm not talking about high ISO and dynamic range only. I'm talking about the option to create images with a shallow depth of field.

Full frame will always be ahead of APS-C and APS-C will always be ahead of m43. m43 will be always better than 1 inch, ...

I'm happy when Fuji finally brings out the lenses that are on the roadmap and eventually update the XP1.

-- hide signature --

I do not deny the fact that bigger sensor is better, the IQ difference is just getting smaller and smaller. The IQ for APS-C now is really acceptable, for me this is now the limit. The limit for reasonnable IQ is now moving to m43. For more demanding photographers, their limits may be higher.

Fuji could boost the m43 market if they join Panasonic and Olympus.

Very sensible post.

The level of adequacy for 99% of shooters is pretty much here now, there is a small difference but your average enthusiast just does not use the camera in a way that accesses these benefits.

m43 will possibly be boosted by Fuji rumoured to be working with panasonic on organic sensors which could really boost m43 quality even further, and the long rumoured arrival of Leica into m43 bodies, again with Panasonic.

If this happens, and FF mirrorless keeps getting smaller / cheaper, there is no place for APSC.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow