Started Nov 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dwight Brown
Forum MemberPosts: 74Gear list
Like?
EM-1, MMF-3, EC14, 50-200 SWD for Birds in Flight
Nov 16, 2013

Well, I really had high hopes for this camera and my 4/3 lenses. Took it out to my favorite BIF spot today, and the results were disappointing to the point that I will probably return the camera. It never once attained focus lock on a fast moving bird. Now, before you tell me I don't know what I'm doing, check out my gallery here on dpreview, as well as my flickr site. Search on BIF.  Granted, I'm no pro, but I get a decent shot now and again. I tried single AF point, single small AF point, 9 point, all point, single shot, L burst.... no go. By the time the camera finishes its "stutter step", the bird is long gone, or out of range.

Guess i'll go back to my FZ200, with its teeny, microscopic, invisible, molecule sized sensor, rubber build, noisy at and above ISO 1, and laughed at by all the kids with monster lenses. 

Dwight Brown's gear list:Dwight Brown's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Olympus Stylus 1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Olympus E-1 +10 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow