m43 instead of FF

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Caerolle
Senior MemberPosts: 1,292Gear list
Like?
Re: m43 instead of FF
In reply to Christof21, 9 months ago

Christof21 wrote:

- I personally believe that FF is overrated. This is better, I admit but the difference is going to decrease more and more. And FF does not perform better in low light, I am happy with f1.4, I have no need to go wider (or just for 1℅ of my pictures)

Maybe I am not understanding what you mean here, but my experience is different from that. I have a Canon 6D right now and am taking side-by-side shots with my X-E1. In my hands at least, the full-frame shots are sharper and much less noisy in general, and especially at low light, at least to my eyes (this is just opening the RAWs in Lr, no post), and in low light I get color casts in some shots from the Fuji that just aren't there in the shots from the 6D. And, I am shooting the 6D a stop down from the X-E1 to even things out a bit.

Don't get me wrong, I feel the shots from my X-E are really really good! But honestly, I feel they are a step below what a full-frame sensor can do. The real question seems to me to be, is it a difference without a distinction? Is it worth it to go to a bigger, heavier, much more expensive camera for that difference?

These questions apply across the range from camera phones through 4/3 through APS-C through various medium format ranges. I think those answers are different for all of us, or we would all be using the same camera. Really, as has been said many times, given unlimited funds, many or most of us would have more than one system, for different purposes, so there isn't even one answer per person.

FWIW  

Caerolle's gear list:Caerolle's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow