Started Nov 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hen3ry
Forum ProPosts: 10,968Gear list
Like?
+++++ YOUR LOVE AFFAIR WITH YOUR M43 THIS WEEK!!! +++++
Nov 16, 2013

Okay, okay, so I am projecting! My affair with the E-PL3 is actually headed for divorce within weeks -- but my affair with m43 will continue not only unabated, but in flood! I'll be outfitting myself with a G6, a GM1 and various appropriate bits and pieces.

In the meantime, though, I greatly enjoyed actually taking some pix this week. I leaped into action last Monday when a cruise ship visited Rabaul, and since our thread was already fully subscribed, posted separately to applause which could only be described as the sound of one hand clapping.

Being a glass half full kind of guy, I assumed the everyone was so stunned by the quality of the pix that they were rendered speechless, so to gve you a chance to give vent to your deeply repressed feelings, I will shatter tradition and add a couple to this post to give them a second airing.

Say what? Is that cheating?

of course!

But you can too! Just following the basic rules:

1. Take a nice pic.

2. Reply to this thread changing the subject line to your own, relevant to your nice pic.

3. Post the nice pic.

4. Enjoy the constructive criticism and expressions of awe and amazement.

5. Contribute your own CC and E of A & A to the work of others.

So here goes with the regurgitated pix:

When a Tolai lady transporting her stuff to market by canoe found her way blocked by this leviathan of the deep, the Amsterdam, it added a noice touch of contrast to the mandatory ship picture I was taking.

Henk and Christel assembled their Burton special 'Black Bes' then went to market to do a little personal shopping. Rabaul was goggled eyed! I suspect the entire population of the town (excluding me) had never seen a bicycle built for two before and they stopped traffic as they zipped along the main road at a smart pace. They are Amsterdam crew members.

Of course, knowing me as all regular contributors to this thread do, you will realize this is my pathetic attempt to get first pix in for the week!!!

Actually, I wanted to put in a picture so the thread as a whole would have the picture symbol against it. I rteckon it deserves it.

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard
Down and out in Rabaul in the South Pacific
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +4 more
Olympus PEN E-PL3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow