Started Nov 13, 2013 | Questions thread
saintz
Regular MemberPosts: 499Gear list
Like?
Re: Incoming Baby! What system?
In reply to Tommygun45, Nov 15, 2013

Tommygun45 wrote:

Fazal Majid wrote:

For kids, you want a DSLR (or SLT) with phase detection autofocus. Mirrorless systems, including those with on-sensor PDAF elements, are just not at the same level. Full-frame vs. APS-C is not that important a factor.

For my 2 year old, I use a Canon 5DmkIII with a 24-70mm f/2.8L II. I have a Leica M and a Fuji X100S, their keeper rate is nowhere near that of the Canon.

-- hide signature --

Fazal Majid (www.majid.info)

Haha yes, thank you for the input. However your camera budget is pushing my yearly income so I must try to make do with what I have! I will try to save up here and there for when she starts moving around with the quickness and if the pdaf on chip sensors of mirrorless haven't caught up yet maybe ill splurge on the dslr but hopefully I have timed this kid with the proper technological cycle! Cmonnnn on sensor pdaf!

You could sell your NEX 6 and buy a A37 or A35 and still put money in your pocket. So it's not really a cost issue. See how the 6 does, and if you need faster, you can always swap.

saintz's gear list:saintz's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow