Started 9 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Henry Falkner
Forum ProPosts: 11,997Gear list
Like?
SH-50 - First Two Days
9 months ago

I wanted it as an upgrade from my SZ-30MR, specifically for video stabilisation and more than 2 stills in each video clip. In my first unintended test video I took 6 stills, and the stills have the same exposure as the video.

The videos that night from the Morris practice with the camera mounted on my accordion as I am playing it show none of the jerkiness I had to put up with through a succession of cameras since 1999. The LI-90B battery, with a quoted rating of 1275 mA hours, lasted through the practice without a low battery warning. Colour and contrast from the economy lighting at the practice location require no correction when editing.

Comparing harbour shots taken the next morning, at the same location and the same time, show smooth outlines as compared to those from the SZ-30MR.

The mode dial only turns with a deliberate action, and the video start button is set by itself, making the SH-50 as fumble-resistant as the Stylus 9010 that came out in 2010.

There is a manual setting for ISO, shutter speed and aperture.

First impressions do count, and mine are VERY confidence inspiring for the Christmas parade this afternoon.

-- hide signature --

http://upload.pbase.com/image/138702566.jpg
Henry Falkner - SH-50, SZ-30MR, SP-570UZ, Stylus 9010
http://www.pbase.com/hfalkner

Henry Falkner's gear list:Henry Falkner's gear list
Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus SH-50 Olympus Stylus SH-1
Henry Falkner's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
excellent
Landscapes / scenery
good
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
good
Flash photography (social)
great
Studio / still life
good
= community average
Olympus SH-50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow