Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
theoldfella
Regular MemberPosts: 125
Like?
G5 vs GH2 performance
9 months ago

Bought the G5/new14-140 combo a couple of months ago during the UK promotion and have been generally quite happy with it but this week I also somewhat impulsively bought a bargain GH2 body I found in a local dealers as I had long heard how good these cameras are and I guessed from my old G2 how nice it would feel.

I'm by no means an expert but as I understood they have the same sensor I thought I'd just do a few simple everyday JPEG test shots (P mode, auto WB, ISO etc) expecting the results to be pretty much identical. Although the resultant colours were indeed very similar I was surprised that on almost every shot the G5 used a higher ISO than the GH2 and the G5 shots were generally a bit brighter and vibrant than the GH2, sometimes too much so IMO.

I presume that this is all down to the newer G5 processor, but does anyone know if there's a more professional comparison of these two cameras performance and output anywhere - I found a few threads but nothing definitive. I'd also obviously be very interested in the views of anyone else who has experience of using both bodies.

Thanks!

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow