Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cane
Senior MemberPosts: 3,577
Like?
A7 Autofocus getting worse per review?
8 months ago

Ok, I have been very excited about this camera and have tried to glean as much info as I can from anywhere I can get. I've followed reviews starting with the Camera store, to reviews on YouTube, to Cameralabs, to blogs posted in here, etc. The camera store review started the ball rolling claiming the AF was fast and accurate, and so said Brian Smith, much quicker than the Nex 6. Things are off to a good start and look promising.

Then I started seeing reviews in here saying it was in par with the 6. Then Cameralabs claimed it really wasn't very fast at all, as well as some of the blogs linked in here. Then the DPR review said it was even slower than the A7R, and some woman couldn't even get a non-blurry photo at the Sony event. Give it another week and this thing will be the worst AF camera since 2001.

Either the AF is getting worse and worse, or opinions are like you know what's, and everyone's got one. The only thing I can truly take from all this is that reading others reviews is a total waste of time as I have zero idea how good the AF is.

And yes, I know the camera isn't released yet, so I shouldn't expect much. And no, I don't have access to one to try it myself.

Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow