Started Nov 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jennyhappy2
Senior MemberPosts: 1,440Gear list
Like?
GM1 with only the 12-32mm lens
Nov 15, 2013

Recently started looking at cameras and had narrowed it to the LX7 and Sony NEX6 with 18-50mm lens.  Yes I realize these are different types of cameras, but they fit my needs and I like the layout and operation of both.  I nearly decided on the LX7 given the faster lens and smaller size and along comes the GM1.

Criteria is an all around and excellent camera for taking any type of picture the opportunity may hold.  I shoot nearly all in jpeg Auto mode.  I realize the larger the sensor the better, but not looking to be a photographer either.  Must be only one lens if it ends up being a mirrorless camera and start at 24mm.  Want a simple set up that is overall small and offers better than average IQ. External flash, video, viewfinder, etc are of no interest.

I realize the GM1 will cost more, but would it be worth it in the long run.  Thoughts and feedback appreciated.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LX7New
GM1New
,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow