I decided against the RX-10 for now. We will see.

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
harold1968
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,687Gear list
Like?
Re: I decided against the RX-10 for now. We will see.
In reply to phazelag, 8 months ago

phazelag wrote:

Currently I am really into mobile and simple and I have the Panasonic LF1 for my pocket and just bought the Ricoh GR also for my pocket, and I figured I would use the RX10 for all else miscellaneous including portraits, sports, and macro.

I actually started selling my Micro Four thirds kit to buy it and did sell some lenses I plan to upgrade anyway, but then I saw better images to judge the RX10 from and I like them, but not as much as my Micro Four thirds. So I took my GX-1 and my Olympus 45mm f1.8 off ebay and I plan to carry the Ricoh GR for wide shots, the Panasonic GX-1 and Olympus 45mm which is 90mm equivalent on a strap for portraits and I will just buy the Panasonic 14-140 f3.5-5.6 in a few month to put on it when I want the range.

I hate the lens change thing, so I was super excited about the RX10. The lens sharpness is nice, but the bokeh is not as pleasant as with my Micro Four Thirds primes and the images just don't look overall as clean.

I think the RX-10 is awesome and I would buy it if money was no object, but after buying the Ricoh GR for my pocket and being stunned by that quality, I don't want to step down on IQ for the all in one convenience. On the other hand there will probably be a ton of shots I won't get because I can't do it all at once with my various cameras and lenses.

that's the problem. Can't go below what you expect.

I think a Sony sensor M4/3s, or the new GX7, with the Panasonic 14-140mm can make a lot of sense as an alternative. Its nice to have constant f2.8 though. Life is all about choices ....

-- hide signature --

harold.co.il

harold1968's gear list:harold1968's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 Sony RX1R Olympus E-M1 Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow