I decided against the RX-10 for now. We will see.

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
phazelag
Senior MemberPosts: 2,232Gear list
Like?
This is why I want it
In reply to Red5TX, 10 months ago

Red5TX wrote:

Greg Gebhardt wrote:

the RX10 have so many other good points for me.

Indeed. It willl be a secondary camera for me, but an important one as I plan to use it for hiking, backpacking, and four-wheeling. Weather sealing this camera was a surprising and important move on Sony's part. I don't expect it is as hardcore as the Olympus E-M1 or Nikon AW1, but it should be more than enough for most outdoor use if you're careful with how you store it. The range of the lens is perfect. The built-in ND filter will allow it to be used wide open outdoors. And the video will be great for capturing the occasional highlight.

The RX-10 is a brilliant adventure camera.

I agree on all your points.  I AM being picky here and I know it.  On one hand the Sony is a great bargain for what it would replace, but I am just not sure it really can replace my primary system yet.  And I can't justify it as another camera as, I have many other hobbies and my most recent toy secondary was the Ricoh GR.

phazelag's gear list:phazelag's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow