Gx7 buttons feel cheap

Started Oct 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
PC Wheeler
Forum ProPosts: 13,907Gear list
Like?
Re: Gx7 buttons feel cheap
In reply to steve_hoge, Nov 15, 2013

steve_hoge wrote:

The GX7 directional buttons feel exactly the same to me as all the other budget Panasonic cameras I've owned, so they don't bother me, even though this is not exactly a budget camera.

Not a budget camera: For sure!

But another poster mentioned the GX7 battery door, which I also noticed immediately as not having a particularly solid feel - not surprising, since it is silver colored plastic and not the same metal as the adjacent camera body. The hinge feels flimsy and it doesn't lock very firmly (at least on my unit.)

That battery door feels like it's going to be the first point of failure on this unit (as it already has - twice - on one of my other Lumix cameras.) I'm thinking of caching a spare door ahead of the eventual breakage - anyone have a clue where GX7 spare parts would be best obtained?

Odd how many cameras seem to have a flimsy-seeming door on the battery-card slot, I actually had one fall off once when I was changing batteries: Fortunately I saw it go and found it after 15-20 minutes.  Fortunately not a problem with my GH3.

-- hide signature --

Phil

PC Wheeler's gear list:PC Wheeler's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot G15 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow