Why Pentax Need a New Mount Now

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Petroglyph
Senior MemberPosts: 3,029Gear list
Like?
Re: Why Pentax Need a New Mount Now
In reply to Son Of Mustang Ford, 11 months ago

Son Of Mustang Ford wrote:

I've come to this thread a bit late, and i'm sure someone else has already pointed this out - the K mount is not a 'potential' full frame mount - it IS already a full frame mount (unless 35mm film somehow isn't full frame). Sure it's not currently being used for ff but it certainly allows the required coverage.

(apologies to anyone else who also has a bunch of old Pentax lenses and has an LX, MX, K1000, etc, lurking in a cupboard and has already said all of this)

If you mean full-frame-with-short-registration-distance (like the new Sony A7) then, sure, a new mount is required.

I think this is what the OP means (A7 like).  Personally, I think Ricoh are probably developing something in the FF arena and will bring it out in 2014 along with an updated 645D because they said as much.  They even went so far as to say the K3 body was designed to be able to hold a FF sensor (hint hint).  The Sony FF short registration cams are very bold, in my opinion, we'll see what becomes of them after a few reviews come out and early adopters get some.  Nikon seems to have sat up and taken notice.

Cheers.

Petroglyph's gear list:Petroglyph's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow