Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Marla
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,792Gear list
Like?
Re: Question about Macro with XZ-1/2
In reply to Ben O Connor, 9 months ago

Ben O Connor wrote:

Hello Marla

First of all I agree, doing (super)macro on XZ-1 is schokingly easy. It is so capable that, I can take my laptop´s screen pixels... or something like this, in a gifted situation, at right time.

Those were as big as (together) my forefinger´s nail!...

The image is excellent. A sample of some of the beautiful macro images I've seen on this forum shot with the XZ-1 or XZ-2.

But as you know, DOF is a bit of an issue... with a 1/1,7" sensor size its not easy to seperate the subject from backround (even by f 1.8 lens!) But by my sigma 30mm F2.8 art DN lens, the DOF is better and results are more deatiled. And also shooting bee´s kinda issues could be a problem... hence all thse, I am still thinking that I will puu the trigger on Olympus 60mm F 2.8 macro lens after Xmas... and not you say

"Why is it so harder to take macro shoot by an Inter changable lens camera, compare to P&S ? Is it raeally hard ? Just wondering as a beginner.

Thanks to inform

Ben

I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do with the XZ-1. I think I "won't" start with bees or with anything that moves. That Olympus 60mmf2/8 macro is calling out to me! However, I need to see how I like shooting in macro before I take that leap!

Thanks again. I appreciate your input and for including the fine macro shot.

-- hide signature --

Maria

Marla's gear list:Marla's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow