Question about Macro with XZ-1/2

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Marla
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,776Gear list
Like?
Re: Question about Macro with XZ-1/2
In reply to RaymondR, 8 months ago

RaymondR wrote:

I have an E-PL2 and the Oly 60 macro. I also have an XZ-2. I do macro and close up work with both.

If I am carrying the XZ-2, odds are I don't have a tripod with me, don't have flash other than onboard with me, etc. So in one sense it is "easier" because I just take what I can handheld. The results are sometimes more satisfying because the smaller sensor of the XZ-2 gives more depth of field, thus making getting a decent portion of the image in proper focus easier. The faster lens of the XZ-2 helps sometimes too vs. the Oly 60 macro (2.8) or the Oly 4/3 35mm 3.5 macro I used before I got the 60.

Thanks for sharing your experience and how the smaller sensor will give more DOF - makes sense. I love the fast lens of the XZ-1/2.

Reading your comments encourages me in my decision to try some macro shots with my recently purchased (2nd time around) XZ-1. I will use it as my every day carry-with-me camera so it will be with me if I run into a bug or flower or something.

If I enjoy macro as much as I like viewing the images around here, I have the option of purchasing the Oly 60 macro to use with my E-M5 at some point.

I appreciate your input.

-- hide signature --

Maria

Marla's gear list:Marla's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow