Question about Macro with XZ-1/2

Started Nov 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ben O Connor
Contributing MemberPosts: 847Gear list
Like?
Re: Question about Macro with XZ-1/2
In reply to Marla, Nov 14, 2013

Marla wrote:

My question: why is the process so easy using an XZ-1/2 or other macro capable compact compared to using a macro lens on an interchangeable lens camera?

With the macro lens, the set up is more complicated. Most people use a tripod, ring flash or other flash/light, etc. Also, it appears to me that the process of trying to get a good macro image from the lens is a lot more time-consuming and challenging.

Hello Marla

First of all I agree, doing (super)macro on XZ-1 is schokingly easy. It is so capable that, I can take my laptop´s screen pixels... or something like this, in a gifted situation, at right time.

Check at %100 to see more deatil (such as fly┬┤s eye brows etc...)

Those were as big as (together) my forefinger´s nail!...

But as you know, DOF is a bit of an issue... with a 1/1,7" sensor size  its not easy to seperate the subject from backround (even by f 1.8 lens!)  But by my sigma 30mm F2.8 art DN lens, the DOF is better and results are more deatiled. And also shooting bee´s kinda issues could be a problem... hence all thse, I am still thinking that I will puu the trigger on Olympus 60mm F 2.8 macro lens after Xmas... and not you say

"Why is it so harder to take macro shoot by an Inter changable lens camera, compare to P&S ? Is it raeally hard ? Just wondering as a beginner.

Thanks to inform

Ben

Ben O Connor's gear list:Ben O Connor's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow