Nikon A...any reason why you cannot keep it set to the Macro

Started Nov 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
rami
Contributing MemberPosts: 712Gear list
Like?
Re: Thanks as Always Ray! If you could give you your technique and one more
In reply to Ray Sachs, Nov 14, 2013

Thanks, I must confess this and the Sony RX100 are my first AF cameras and I still struggle to use it. I must thank you for the advice to use non-Macro mode as I really suffered from the sluggish AF performance of the camera. I still hesitate if I need the camera. Recently I traveled to Africa for a project I am running and I took with me the A and the Sony 5n with 50 summicron lens. Last time I took the 5n with the VC 15 lens and I enjoyed the wider lens better than the lens of the A. But the image is stunning and the colours are the best I had in any camera I have used (including, I believe, with Leica's own CCD). 
Ray Sachs wrote:

rami wrote:

But do remember to cancel face detraction before using manual focus magnification because there is some very annoying feature that jumps the magnification zone between faces while you are trying to nail a subject.

Thanks. I've never actually used face detection on this camera, but if I ever do, hopefully/maybe I'll be able to remember this! Then again, if I'm using face detection in AF, I probably wouldn't be in zoomed view... Still, good to be aware of.

-Ray
--------------------------------------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/

rami's gear list:rami's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon Coolpix A Canon EOS 5D Epson R-D1 Leica M8.2 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow