Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MarkyM
Contributing MemberPosts: 861Gear list
Like?
GX7 Firmware Bugs
8 months ago

I received my GX7 the other day and have been getting it all customized and set up for the past few days. I really like the amount of customization that can be done to set it up exactly as needed for my shooting style!

I have found 2 firmware bugs (that I have confirmed from other threads, so not unique to my copy) in version 1.1 that it would be nice if Panasonic addressed quickly.

If anyone knows of any others, please add them to the list.

If anyone here has a contact at Panasonic, it would be great if they could send it to them.

1) It takes much longer for the camera to start up if the movie mode is set to any of the .mp4 modes.

2) The Eye Sensor can not be turned off completely. When it is set to OFF in the menu, and the rear panel button is set so that the LCD is off, the EVF still requires the eye sensor to start it, causing an undesirable delay. Hopefully this can be considered a bug and not a feature request.

MarkyM's gear list:MarkyM's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +5 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow