ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mike mccue
Regular MemberPosts: 113
Like?
Camera Raw basic question
10 months ago

Hi,

I am in process of replacing my computer. I was running Win7 and happy with Photoshop CS4 and Camera Raw 5.7 for use with our Canon 5Ds.

I had purchased a Photoshop CS6 upgrade and left it sitting in the box, but as I was replacing the old computer with a new Win7 machine I decided to install Photoshop CS6.

I am just realizing that it updated to Camera Raw 8.2 this morning... even before I used the new install.

Camera Raw 8.2 has different controls than my old familiar 5.2 version and I am wondering if I am about to be stuck with having all my old RAW files re interpreted and if I will lose all the decisions I made while using Camera Raw 5.2.

For example; The "black" slider no longer starts at zero and gets darker as you increase the value. Now it is centered at zero and you use a negative number to increase black levels.

For example: "Fill" and "Recover" no longer seem to be part of Camera Raw 8.2.

Is there some sort of behind the scenes translation that will keep my images as I left them set at or am I about to have all that work become invalid?

Thank you for any info you can share. I was quite happy with my previous computer and install but then it died and I can't use it any longer. It has been difficult trying to maintain consistency as I upgraded. I'm hoping there is some good news about how the new Camera Raw deals with my old .xmp files.

best regards,

Mike

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow