Russell Evans
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,251
Like?
Re: I hear what you are saying
In reply to 6x9, 11 months ago

6x9 wrote:

Bill Robb wrote:

6x9 wrote:

If Ricoh/Pentax do not catch the last *sans-mirror* train, they may be left with shrinking DSLR market. And the market will shrink even against users' wishes -

You are pretty much a mirrorless camera fan boy, aren't you?

Nope. I have plenty of DSLR stuff. I value *real* phase detect AF and quality viewfinders. But I like to travel light. I also want to make use of my Pentax lenses on a smaller and lighter body.

Every time I do a like for like comparison between a Pentax setup and a mirrorless setup, the difference in weight comes out to a half a pound to a pound in difference. There not enough gain in that for me to be wanting to give up what I have with a DSLR.

I do own a Nex setup, but I bought into this for the things I couldn't do within my budget with a Pentax DSLR. A 40M underwater case for a Nex can be had for US $120-220 depending on the model. A tilt adapter that adapts a FF Pentax lens to Nex is around US $55. A focal reducer that removes almost all the crop from a FF lens on APS-C is $120. Focus peaking for macros, although with the newer bodies now having focus peaking this is less an issue. A 12mm f2.8 for the Nex cost me about $250. You can now put this together for about $190.

It's not about size or weight between the systems, it's just about extending capabilities by having both.

Thank you
Russell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow