WOW! Sony A7r....

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Jogger
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,400Gear list
Like?
Re: One problem...
In reply to Photo Pete, 10 months ago

Photo Pete wrote:

.... is that Sony seem to change direction with every other camera release. Nikon are getting a lot of criticism for not releasing revolutionary new technology, but at least if you buy a Nikon you are pretty sure that you are buying into a system that will last and be upgradeable as new models come out.

I have my doubts as to how long the CX format will survive. But, yea, their f-mount SLRs are built to last. I still have my D700 from 2008 that i plan on running to the ground.

Buy the current version of a Sony because you like it and you don't have much reassurance that you will like what they are selling when it comes to replace it... could be a completely different approach.

Nothing wrong with that really. My RX100 is still a great camera that i use as a carry-everywhere camera. I dont see a need to upgrade that for a long time.

I see Sony's value to the marketplace as pushing the boundaries so that the more established manufacturer's can react in a more measured and less disruptive fashion with fully rounded cameras.

Well that is what they have to do as a non-traditional camera maker.

Jogger's gear list:Jogger's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow