I want A-mount MIRRORLESS in 2014...

Started Nov 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
rsf3127
Forum MemberPosts: 70Gear list
Like?
Re: I want A-mount MIRRORLESS in 2014...
In reply to Promit, Nov 14, 2013

I think Sony's ultimate goal is an a77 type body with an E-mount, sensor PDAF, IBIS (whether two or five axis), and an adapter to mount A-mount lenses with no loss of functionality. In the meantime, get cozy with the SLT tech.

There's nothing in A-mount cameras that can't be transitioned to E-mount quite easily, except for PDAF. Only Nikon appears to have cracked the sensor PDAF mystery, and they seem to be limited to smaller sensors for the time being. The rest of it is entirely incidental, temporary decisions. Correct, there is no large size IBIS E-mount body right now. But there will be. We're going to get our last A77 successor as an SLT camera next year. There will be no more.

Please bookmark this post and feel free to throw it in my face in due time if I'm wrong. I should mention, though, that I don't see any of this as a bad thing. The EA4 adapter is kind of awkward, but there's nothing wrong with an EA3 type as I've used the Olympus equivalent for some time. Don't fear the adapter.

Gabriel

I second the above statements. This is why I have kept only my A-mount that are really outstanding and sold the rest.

Before Sony come out with a body that accepts either E-mount and A-mount (via adapter with PDAF withour pellicle) with IBIS and has IQ on par or better than their counterparts (they have already showed they can do that) on APS-c, they won't see my money.

In the meantime, I'll stick with NEX+LA-EA 1 and 2 and my old A-mount bodies.

Cheers

rsf3127's gear list:rsf3127's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A35 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Tamron SP AF 180mm F/3.5 Di LD (IF) Macro +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow