Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
larrytusaz
Senior MemberPosts: 2,200Gear list
Like?
Resale Value of NEX Cameras Plummeting?
8 months ago

Is it me, or is the resale value of NEX models plummeting to absolutely insane levels?

To wit: I've tried selling my NEX-C3 and, granted, the rubber thumb grip fell off & the control dial seems to require you to use your thumb AND your index finger for it to turn smoothly, but it absolutely works perfectly & even has a spotless sensor (just cleaned by a camera store) and even with the cosmetic flaws taken into account--I'm absolutely stunned that I've listed the KIT for $150 and even then I can get absolutely no takers. You're talking $80 for the lens and $70 for the body, roughly.

Even crazier, my NEX-F3, which is in mint shape, I've listed it for $270 and I keep getting offers in the $200 range. Are you kidding me?

Obviously I don't expect to get, say, $600 for the F3 and $400 for the C3, I know cameras lose value over time & in fact I've often-times been the beneficiary of that with buying low. Still, I figure I could get $280 for the F3 and $175 or so for the C3 kit, and yet even at those prices, I mean NO interest of ANY kind.

-- hide signature --

LRH

larrytusaz's gear list:larrytusaz's gear list
Nikon 1 J1 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +2 more
Sony Alpha NEX-C3 Sony Alpha NEX-F3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow